It’s Day 20! I am 1/5th of the way there! A Guinness is in order!!!
In the last 20 days I:
1. Jogged at least three times a week and have a lot more energy.
2. Got an official cheerleader who, by the way, said I write well. I think it may be a cheerleading tactic. Cheerleaders are like cheer ninjas, sneaking motivation in without you realizing it… the good ones at least.
3. Wrote a lot every day. Personally and publicly.
4. Ate very healthy.
5. Was mindful of my life and feel… here now. I am present more than I have been in many years.
6. Figured out a great budget for living well with good savings.
7. Fixed, resolved, worked on personal things.
8. Become a much happier person and have started to find myself again.
9. Have reconnected with my kids. We were good before. We are better now.
10. Read more.
11. Was a better teacher.
12. Lost weight that was weighing me down. That was a bonus. I really don’t care so much about that part.
13. Made new friends.
14. Learned a lot.
15. Struggled but overcame.
Today? Fucking great.
Yesterday I was worried about falling out of my routines. Being conscious of it helped. I ran this morning . Yes, on a Saturday morning. I went faster than any day yet. Not as far, but faster. Oh yeah.
I then went to task redoing the girls’ rooms. It took a little time and effort, but they helped me as best they could. Had to wash the floors really well, and prep it for painting. The floors are 100 years old. I finished the walls when I first moved in, but the floors needed some help. Finished with the first coat today and tomorrow will be a piece of cake. It took all day but looks amazing.
One fun part was sitting there painting while my oldest sat and watched me, asking me questions about life and the universe. It was… fun. Working, scrubbing, and painting, was fun. Seriously.
I am very, very tired now… Going to sleep like a baby tonight.
And that brings us to the end of Day 20. If this keeps up, day 21 will be even better.
I lived today. I loved today. I laughed today. Today was awesome.